Authorization to Use SAP Applications
Access to SAP functions (described under Training) requires a written request signed by the user and the user’s supervisor.
- SAP_Authorization_Request_Form (Newly Revised 6/2016) and SAP User Agreement : Required of ALL SAP GUI users. Newly revised SAP Authorization Request form has all SAP training listed.
- Additional SAP License Request Form: Required for users filling positions who have not previously used the SAP GUI (new departments, new positions, no floating SAP License, etc.)
- Complete the forms and fax them to (662) 915-7180 or scan/email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to check off the activities you need to access.
- Be sure that you and your supervisor sign and date the form (s).
- Users must attend the appropriate SAP Training before receiving the access requested by their departments.
- SAP Staff Assistant Form: Staff Assistant accounts are good for only 90 days. If the account is required after that, it must be renewed.
Authorization to Use Web Applications
In order to access certain applications on myOleMiss, a user must submit an authorization request form signed by the department in charge of the application.
- The SAP Upload Application allows authorized users to enter charges to a student’s account or payroll deductions for employees.
- Other Web applications may require the completion of the Web Application Access Request Form.
Installing SAP on a Computer
In order to access the SAP system, you must have the SAP GUI (Graphical User Interface) software installed on your computer. The GUI must always be maintained at the current version and patch level.
- If you have a PC with Windows XP or a Mac, you may choose the self-install option for installation or upgrading the SAP GUI.
- If you have a PC with Vista or Windows 7, please contact the IT Helpdesk to have the SAP GUI installed.
When requesting assistance with the SAP GUI installation, Indicate if you need it installed on a Mac or a PC. If PC, please include your operating system information (XP, Vista, Windows7, etc.).